Students in the Mandarin Dual Language Program will receive instruction in both Mandarin Chinese and English during their school day. Math and science are taught by a certified teacher whose is also a native Mandarin speaker. Language Arts and Social Studies are taught by an English speaking teacher. The students also participate in all other programs at Coronado, including music, physical education, the art, after-school options and more.
Some of the proven benefits of acquiring second language
• High proficiency in the Mandarin language
• Performance on English standardized tests meets or exceeds non-immersion students
• Promotes greater cognitive flexibility, increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem solving skills
• Enhanced understanding of primary language
• Increased cultural sensitivity
• Better prepared for the future in a global society
This page is dedicated to providing important communications for our teachers, our parents, our studends and our community.
Click on a file to download.